Shop Next.co.uk
logo

Monthly Archives: November 2011

Want to find something elegant for the evening? In a pickle about party dresses? Or perhaps you’re looking for something casual this Christmas? With jewel tones proving to be a key trend this season, here are our top picks for staying festive but fashionable. Think radiant ruby reds, emerald greens, sapphire blues and eye-catching amethysts…

Black Tie
Cowl Back Maxi Dress – £55
For black tie evening events, us girl’s don’t have it as easy as dusting off a trusty tux and bowtie. With so many beautiful dress designs, cuts, lengths and embellishments, it can be hard to find the perfect mix of smartness and sophistication, whilst still feeling stylish and sexy. This £55 cowl back maxi dress does just that. Make others green with envy with this emerald evening dress with a high neckline which falls into a cowl back, finished with a refined slit up to the knee line.

Festive Meal
Burgundy Jersey Tea Dress- £30
For a festive family meal, this jersey tea dress is just right. Coming in gorgeous garnet red, this figure flattering V neck dress is a steal at just £30.Team with thick black tights or a cosy cardigan for a charming Christmassy look, or dress it up with a pair of court heels. And if you’re the one doing the cooking, check out this pretty polkadot cupcake apron here at Next.

Work Christmas Party
Pleat Belted Dress-£55
If you’ve got a work Christmas do coming up, this sapphire blue Signature pleat belted dress is fabulous at £55. We love this dress because it’s great for a sit down meal as well as looking fantastic on the dancefloor. Not only does it have on-trend pleats, but the sash belt accentuates your waistline whilst the floaty skirt design means the dress is cool and comfortable. No wonder Next customers have given it 5 stars on our ratings and reviews feature.

Christmas Cocktails
Ruffle Dress- £49
Going out for Christmas cocktails? Paint the town purple in this stunning ruffle dress at £49. Coming in regular, tall and petite sizes, this easy-to-wear cocktail dress gives instant girly glam. The layered ruffles mean the dress falls in all the right places to enhance the figure without feeling at all clingy. What’s more, like all jewel tone shades, they are easy to colour block with a contrasting colour or dress up with black and metallic shoes and accessories.

Lipsy Love
Lipsy 60s Flare Sleeve Dress-£55
For something a little different, be sure to browse our Lipsy London lust-haves for this season, including the latest Pixie Lott range. We love this 60s inspired flare sleeve Lipsy dress. The shift style silhouette teamed with chiffon bell sleeves makes this a beautiful outfit for day to night festivities. Plus the delightful bead embellishment adds an extra bit of Christmas sparkle.

Permalink | Comments (2-1) |

Categories: Style Secrets

Under the Weather

By , 1067 days ago
post photo

Meadow will be 6 months this week and last week we discovered our first major obstacle – illness. It’s the most horrendous thing knowing she is feeling so poorly. She woke up on Saturday morning with a stinking cold and…

Read more »

Permalink | Comments (1-1) |

Categories: Baby Boutique

Hooray for Half term!

By , 1073 days ago
post photo

Antonis started ‘big’ school in September and absolutely loves it! (Poor him…he hasn’t quite got it….he will be doing this for the next 14 years of his life!). Anyway, so far so good and he’ll learn soon enough. Pavlos and…

Read more »

Permalink | Comments (1-1) |

Categories: Baby Boutique

Trick or Treat?

By , 1081 days ago
post photo

I love this time of year when the clocks change and it’s all-warm indoors and you can snuggle up as its cold and dark outside. It also marks another of my favourite dates on the calendar – Halloween! My friends…

Read more »

Permalink | Comments (7-1) |

Categories: Baby Boutique

post photo

The Daily Telegraph have done a fantastic piece on how to wear our Tribal Print Tapered Trousers, £35. With six different ways to wear – these trousers are not only striking, but versatile too! Which look do you prefer? The…

Read more »

Permalink | Comments (1-1) |

Categories: Style Secrets

post photo

What with the weather getting colder and the days getting shorter - our minds have swiftly turned to winter warmers! Take a look at some of our must-have items for the colder months and arm yourself with some fashionable layers. 1 http://bit.ly/utfs7u 2 http://bit.ly/s11YOY 3 http://bit.ly/vvJce4…

Read more »

Permalink | Comments (1-1) |

Categories: Style Secrets

post photo

Nothing is your own when you’re a mummy, not even your name – 95% of the time I am just Fin’s mum and the other 5% I answer to Imogen’s mum!!  You have to share everything, breakfast, lunch, dinner, chocolate,…

Read more »

Permalink | Comments (8-1) |

Categories: Baby Boutique