With February comes one of the best foodie days of the year – Pancake Day! Don’t worry if you’re not set for Tuesday 9th Feb just yet though, we’ve got a flipping simple pancake recipe for you to try…! We suggest having a few practice sessions before the big day, not only will the thought of pancakes for tea make your mouth water at work, you’ll be well rehearsed when cooking them for your fam by the 9th! Here we’ve made ours with classic lemon and sugar, but feel free to try out chocolate sauce, fresh fruit or even savoury pancakes.
Don’t forget about presentation either, if you’re really going for the ‘wow’ factor – dishing them up on pretty plates like these from our Made With Love breakfast set will score you extra points!
For 6 basic pancakes
75 g flour
2 medium free range eggs
A dash of sunflower or vegetable oil
For the toppings
- Mix together the milk, flour and eggs in a jug and stir until completely combined.
- Place your pan on a medium heat, add the oil and allow to warm up.
- After a few minutes, pour in your pancake mix and move the mixture around the pan.
- When the underside is cooked, it’s time to flip it over! Use your slotted turner or flipping motion – if you dare!
- Serve up with your favourite toppings!
Tip: To serve your pancakes together for a group of people, keep them warm in the oven on a baking tray at a very low heat.
Making homemade pancakes this Shrove Tuesday? We’d love you to Tweet us with your pics @nextofficial or tag us on Instagram using the hashtag #BakingWithNext