For a healthier alternative to regular pancakes, give our super simple vegan recipe a try! Made from bananas, oats and almond milk with a touch of cinnamon, these pancakes are both vegan and dairy free – not to mention SERIOUSLY tasty (they go really well with sliced banana, flaked almond and syrup topping!)
For 4 medium pancakes
1 banana, peeled and sliced
70g rolled oats
175ml almond milk
30g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the toppings
Maple syrup or similar
Blender, frying pan, slotted turner.
- Blend together the oats, almond milk, banana and flour.
- Stir through the baking powder and cinnamon – add extra cinnamon to taste if you wish!
- On a medium heat, warm up your pan with a dash of vegetable or sunflower oil.
- After a couple of minutes, pour in your pancake mix and move the mixture around the pan.
- When the underside is cooked, flip over carefully with a slotted turner. These are more delicate than classic pancakes so we wouldn’t recommend flipping in the air!
Drizzle with your favourite dairy free toppings (dark chocolate, maple syrup, nuts…) and devour. Serve up with a glass of fresh orange juice for a healthy breakfast idea!
Tip: Make this recipe gluten free friendly by using gluten free certified oats and flour.
We’d love you to Tweet us with your pics @nextofficial or tag us on Instagram using the hashtag #BakingWithNext